I received my assignment 2 feedback last week and thought it would be useful to reflect upon it.
- My work is thorough and organised.
- I demonstrate excellent research skills and critical reflection.
- I am learning from a wide range of creative disciplines and broadening my knowledge and understanding.
- I am expanding my critical and theoretical competencies.
- Using a Venn diagram in a creative way to display research more visually.
- My research observations are excellent in compiling historical, contextual and observational information.
Points to Improve/Consider
- My analysis can be sometimes too broad in scope. Consider narrowing down to the specifics of what types of art etc.
- Begin to establish a clearer idea of my creative direction.
- Experiment with ideas and materials alongside contextual work.
- Do more making and less written reflection.
- Activate research in a way that draws connection to my creative ideas.
- Look at Anish Kapoor’s Cloud Gate to compare to Aitken’s Mirror.
- Write reflections for assignments using the learning outcomes for 1.1 Experience Creative Arts.
- Include access dates in references.
Overall I am happy with the feedback I received here. I was aware that time was an issue for this assignment and I neglected some of the more creative responses to just get to the submission point. I am pleased that my tutor thinks that I have good research skills and that my referencing has improved. I do feel this is a real strength of mine. I do need to continue forwards trying to incorporate a more creative way of tackling each exercise and to include more images of my own sketches, ideas and creations.